TOP 5 QUESTIONS TO ASK AT AN OPEN HOUSE!
Checking out lots of Open Houses these days? Then you should come prepared with some key questions in hand. Please see our list of the top 5 questions to ask at an open house to help you be an informed buyer!
1. Why are the owners selling? A lot of time the answer won’t be anything too groundbreaking, but it’s a good idea to find out why the house went on the market.
2. How long has it been on the market? It’s good to know just how long the property in question has been on the market. If the answer is “a while,” then the next obvious questions should be…
3. Have there been any changes in the price? If a property has been on the market for a while, and includes some price drops, then the owners may be ready to make a deal! Find out what the property was listed for and how it’s changed over time.
4. Have you received any offers? If so, how many? It’s important to know, so don’t be shy about asking what, if any, offers have been made on the property. The listing agent is not obligated to disclose this information, but if they think you may have interest, they may be willing to over-share to your advantage.
5. Are the sellers motivated? If the listing agent answers this with "Yes! They are motivated", you may be able to get a reasonably good discount off the asking price.
Contact me with questions or for more great information!